E-nail and E-rig Vaporizers
If you love dabbing concentrates but want a more high-tech setup, e-nails and e-rigs are the way to go. They combine the functionality of traditional dab rigs with the impressive technology behind advanced vaping systems to give you the best of both worlds. The biggest advantage is that they automatically heat your nail for you with maximum precision so that you don’t have to rely on a butane torch.
We carry premium e-nail and e-rig devices from the most celebrated manufacturers in the hardware business, including Dr Dabber, G Pen, and Kandypens. All of these devices are made with top-quality, durable materials, cutting-edge technology and exciting features that change the game of dabbing our favorite concentrates. Meanwhile, they’re easy to maintain, and offer some of the smoothest, cleanest flavor and clouds possible.
What is a Vaporizer?
A vaporizer is an electronic device that converts cannabis compounds into vapor. Vaporizers provide an alternative to smoking, as vapor is easier on the lungs, and more discreet, than smoke. You can find a wide array of vaporizer sizes, styles, and more.
What is an Oil Vaporizer?
An oil vaporizer is meant for vaporizing oils, like hemp vape oils made with distillates, live resin, etc. Oil vaporizers work by applying heat to a viscous liquid, transforming it into a vapor. This process avoids combustion. The vaporizer typically has an element (often called an "atomizer" or "coil") that heats the oil efficiently to the point of vaporization without causing it to burn. These are used with vape cartridges.
What is a Flower Vaporizer?
A flower vaporizer is meant to be used only with hemp flower, as it is not compatible with oils. It converts the essential oils of hemp flower into vapor through conduction or convection. Flower cannot be vaporized with an oil vaporizer.
What are Wax Vaporizers?
Unlike traditional dry herb vaporizers, which vaporize the plant material, wax vaporizers, aka “wax pens” or “dab pens” are used with waxes and concentrates. Wax vaporizers are meant for vaporizing concentrates, like wax and shatter. They must reach higher temperatures than other types of vaporizers, as these concentrates need higher temps in order to melt properly. These devices allow users to experience the effects of these substances without the need for combustion.
What are Portable Vaporizers?
Portable vaporizers are handheld, and pocket-friendly. They’re meant for vaping on the go, and they’re easier to maintain than desktop vaporizers. You can find portable vaporizers for flower, dabs, or oils.
- Design and Functionality: Portable vaporizers are designed to be easy to carry and use on the go. They’re usually compact, battery-powered, and rechargeable, much like e-cigarettes. The design might range from pen-like vapes (often called "vape pens") to slightly larger formats, but all are designed for convenience and stealth.
- Heating Source and Delivery Systems: These devices typically use conduction or convection heating methods. Conduction involves placing the material in direct contact with the heating element, while convection heats the material by passing hot air through it. The vapor is then inhaled through a mouthpiece. Some advanced models allow for temperature control, which can enhance the experience by altering the flavor and controlling the density of the vapor.
- Market and Variations: The market for portable vaporizers has expanded rapidly, with a wide range of products available for both recreational and medical users. Innovations in battery life, heating elements, materials used in construction, and digital features like smartphone connectivity or precise temperature control continue to advance the industry.
- Materials for Vaporization: Portable vaporizers can be used with various products:
- Dry Herbs: Many portable vaporizers are designed to vaporize dry cannabis or other herbal substances. The plant material is inserted into a chamber, and heated to a point where the active ingredients are vaporized without combusting the material, reducing the inhalation of harmful byproducts that occur with smoking.
- Concentrates: Some vaporizers are compatible with cannabis concentrates like waxes, oils, or shatters. These substances often require higher temperatures to vaporize than dry material.
- E-liquids: Others might use a liquid solution infused with nicotine, CBD, or THC, which is heated and vaporized. These are more commonly used in vape pens or e-cigarettes.
What are Desktop Vaporizers?
A desktop vaporizer is a larger vaporizer device that is meant to sit on a surface and is not portable in that it can fit into a pocket. They’re typically more powerful. You can find desktop vaporizers for flower, oils, and/or concentrates.
Power Source: Unlike portable vaporizers, which often rely on batteries, desktop vaporizers are usually powered by plugging them into an electrical outlet. This ensures a consistent power supply and often means they can produce stronger and more consistent vapor.
Temperature Control: Many desktop vaporizers come with precise temperature control settings. This allows users to set the exact temperature they want, which can be important for vaporizing different types of materials at their optimal temperatures.
Vapor Path: The vapor path in desktop vaporizers is typically longer than in portable units. This allows the vapor to cool down a bit before it reaches the user, resulting in a smoother and cooler vapor.
Inhalation Methods: Desktop vaporizers offer different methods for inhaling the vapor:
- Whip-Style: A whip-style vaporizer has a long tube (or "whip") that users draw vapor through. The material is loaded into a chamber, and the vapor travels through the whip when inhaled.
- Balloon Bags: Some vaporizers, like the Volcano, use a balloon bag system. The vaporizer fills a bag with vapor, and users then inhale from this bag. This method allows for vapor to be stored and used over a period of time.
- Direct Draw: Some desktop units allow users to inhale directly from the device without a whip or balloon.
Materials: Desktop vaporizers can be designed for use with various materials:
- Dry herbs (like cannabis or tobacco)
- Essential oils or concentrates (like waxes or shatter)
Efficiency and Quality: Generally, because of their size and power source, desktop vaporizers can provide a higher quality and more potent vapor than many portable units. They also tend to be more efficient in extracting active compounds from the material.
Price: Desktop vaporizers can range in price, with high-end models being more expensive. However, they can be seen as an investment for those who vaporize regularly, as they typically last a long time and provide a superior experience.
Aesthetic and Build: Desktop vaporizers often come in a variety of designs and builds, from sleek and modern to more classic wooden aesthetics. High-quality desktop vaporizers are usually made with durable and safe materials, ensuring longevity and health safety.
Maintenance: Like all vaporizers, desktop versions require regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance. This may include cleaning the vapor path, changing screens, or replacing parts as needed.
What Does 510-Threaded Mean?
“510-threaded” is a term that means that a vaporizer is compatible with 510-threaded cartridges. These are small, rechargeable devices used with vape carts. 510-threaded connections make them universally compatible with standard cartridge sizes.
What are E-Nails?
E-nails, or electronic nails, are devices used primarily for the consumption of vaporizable substances, particularly cannabis concentrates such as wax, shatter, or oil. They are an advanced version of the traditional method of "dabbing”.
E-nails aim to provide a safer, more consistent, and convenient method for heating concentrates by removing the need for an open flame and manually heating a nail with a torch. These devices allow precise control of the temperature to ensure that the concentrate vaporizes at the optimal heat, which can improve flavor and efficiency while also possibly reducing the production of potentially harmful substances that occur when concentrates are overheated.
E-nails can come as standalone units or attachments that can be added to existing water pipes or dab rigs. They are usually powered by electricity, often connecting directly to a wall outlet, and they maintain a consistent temperature, allowing for a smoother and more predictable experience.
In recent years, the popularity of e-nails has grown within the cannabis community for their convenience, performance, and the enhanced experience they provide, especially for medical patients or regular users who seek a reliable and consistent vaporization method.
What are E-Rigs?
An "E-Rig" or "Electronic Rig" typically refers to a type of vaporization device designed primarily for the consumption of concentrates, such as wax, shatter, or other forms of cannabis extracts. E-Rigs have gained popularity among cannabis enthusiasts as they offer a more convenient and efficient way to vaporize concentrates compared to traditional torch and nail setups.
- Battery or Power Source: Unlike traditional rigs which require a torch for heating, E-Rigs use batteries or other electric power sources. This makes them portable and allows for precise temperature control.
- Heating Element: Instead of a torch, the heating element in an E-Rig quickly heats to vaporize the concentrate. This can be a ceramic, quartz, or titanium chamber or nail.
- Temperature Control: Many E-Rigs offer variable temperature settings. This is a key advantage as it allows users to tailor their experience based on the type of concentrate being used and their personal preferences.
- Water Filtration: Just like traditional water pipes or rigs, many E-Rigs incorporate water filtration to cool and purify the vapor before inhalation.
- Portability: E-Rigs tend to be more compact and portable than traditional glass rigs, making them suitable for on-the-go use.
- Safety: Without the need for an open flame, E-Rigs can be considered safer to use than traditional torch and nail setups.
Can I Adjust the Output Level on a Vaporizer?
Most vaporizers operate at different voltage, wattage, or temperature settings. Some allow you to manually set the output level, while others use presets. You can explore different options throughout our collection of vaporizer devices.
What are the Benefits of Using a Vaporizer?
Many people prefer vaping over smoking, for various reasons:
- Vapor is smoother, and this makes it easier on the respiratory tract, causing less coughing and irritation.
- Some also prefer vapor over smoke because it’s less conspicuous, as the smell and the clouds themselves disappear within seconds. This allows users to maintain their privacy and use their vaporizer without drawing attention in permitted locations.
- Vaporizers allow more precise control of your dosage. With adjustable temperature settings, users can often better manipulate the release of cannabinoids and terpenes. This precision can be crucial for medicinal users who need to maintain steady, controlled doses of specific compounds in cannabis.
- Users often report using less cannabis to achieve their desired effect, as vaporizing enhances the efficiency of THC and other cannabinoids' delivery. By avoiding combustion, you don't burn away as much of the active substances, making the consumption of cannabis potentially more cost-effective.
- There are various vaporizers available, from those designed for flower (dried cannabis buds) to concentrated products like oils, waxes, and shatters. This flexibility allows users to choose a product that suits their preferences and needs.
- At lower temperatures, you're able to taste the more subtle flavors of cannabis, which are often lost in the combustion process of smoking. Connoisseurs often prefer vaporizing for this reason, as it allows them to experience the terpene profile of their strains.
How Do I Know Which Vaporizer is Best for Me?
We offer a wide selection of vaporizers at The Calm Leaf, and the choices can be overwhelming. We recommend first deciding what you’ll be vaping: flower, oils, or dabs? Then, decide how big you want the device to be, and which features you prefer. Of course, take into account your budget as well.
How Do I Take Care of My Vaporizer?
Most vaporizers require some level of cleaning, at least once a week, as vaping can leave behind residue that affects flavor and airflow. The instructions that come with your device will give you more thorough directions.
Do Vaporizers Come with Warranties?
Most vaporizers do come with warranties. Should you have a problem with your vaporizer, contact the manufacturer and tell them your warranty information.
Are All Vaporizers Legal?
Yes! No matter what type of product you’ll be vaping, vaporizers themselves are completely legal. They are not banned anywhere in the United States.
Can I Put Non-Cannabis Products in My Vaporizer?
We do not recommend using your vaporizer for anything other than the cannabis products for which the device is intended. Vaping non-cannabis products could damage your device and cause an extremely unpleasant experience for you.